Connemara Getaway in the West of Ireland
An Óige, the Irish Youth Hostel Association has put together a fantastic 2 night package for both its members and non-members. Take this chance to visit the area that has long been regarded as the real emerald of Ireland. This natural terrain and unspoilt environment offers the visitor a wonderland of sights, experiences, adventure and activities. The people are warm, friendly and extend a hospitality which is the essence of Ireland.
Connemara is a unique and very special part of Ireland. Situated on the most western seaboard of Europe, this unspoilt region boasts breathtaking scenery. The characteristic features of Connemara include its rugged, unpolluted coastline, dramatic mountains, numerous lakes and rivers and woodlands and the renowned Connemara National Park.
The beautiful village of Leenane, snugly situated at the head of Killary Harbour, is often aptly described as the “Gateway to Connemara.” Killary Harbour extends 10 miles inland and with the mountains rising steeply on either side provides what is probably the best scenery in Ireland. Walkers have access to Mweelrea, Sheefry, Paltry and Maumturl Mountains.
Take advantage of this stunning region by availing of An Óige’s super package, which includes the following:
· 2 night’s accommodation in the top of the range Sleepzone Hostel in Leenane, Co. Galway.
· Continental Breakfast in the morning
· 3 day car hire – several pick-up and drop-off points around Ireland including Galway City
· 3 course dinner in the award winning Pangur Bán restaurant in Letterfrack
· Horse riding for an hour in the hills of Connemara
· Visit to the world famous Kylemore Abbey in Connemara
· 90 minute cruise on the Killary Fjord, Ireland’s only Fjord
Total Price: €170.00. For bookings email email@example.com or call An Óige Head Office on 01-8304555.
Back to archive index.